Amenities & Accommodations
Why stay at Casa Rio Sierpe and the Osa
Casa Rio Sierpe is located among 2,500 acres of private reserve and directly adjoins the Terraba-Sierpe national Wetlands in the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica. This area is one of the most remote, pristine, spectacular and wildest regions in the country. It is home to 2.5% of all of the world's biodiversity and dubbed by National Geographic as "The most biologically intense place on earth". It is common place to see on regular occurrences threatened and endangered animals such as the Scarlet Macaw,White Lip peccaries and the Geoffroy's Spider Monkey.
At Casa Rio Sierpe you'll find ultra-private luxury accommodations and full service amenities typically only found in resorts but in the comfort and privacy of a private lodge. When you come and visit us, included is a full time guide and housekeeper whose sole job is to make your vacation the most memorable, stress free, work free as possible any way that they can. They will give you private guided tours, carry your grocery bags, take you river fishing, clean the house, find fresh fruit, do your dishes and even get you a fresh coconut to drink at the beach.
Are you looking to discover the magic of Costa Rica's rain forests, wildlife and pristine beaches? Are you planning your honey moon or looking to rekindle your romance? Are you an avid fisherman? With over 98 line and tackle world records recorded in both fresh and salt water in the immediate area you are sure to have that once in a lifetime fishing trip. Perhaps you’re an active adventure seeker looking for a nonstop, adrenaline filled vacation or you just want to relax on our back deck in the double hammock with a glass of wine or cold cerveza and watch the monotonous grind and stress of modern day life melt away before you. Are you having a hard time satisfying everyone’s needs in a vacation? Perhaps you are looking for a romantic getaway but others want to go fishing, you want to go to the beach, others want to experience the rain forest, why choose only one when you can have it all! A stay at casa Rio Sierpe guarantees to fulfill your wildest vacation dreams and it will rejuvenate your mind, body and soul providing you with a virtual backstage pass to one of the world's most fascinating and diverse destinations.
Our newly built, 2,200 ft2 lodge is the perfect combination of modern and rustic styles blending Pacific Rim architecture. This gives the home an elegant sophistication that is very unique and certainly very Costarican. We are carefully nestled in the rain forest atop a high ridge line at 300 feet above sea level gives an almost 360 degree view of the surrounding rain forest, the Diquis river valley and three distinct mountain ranges in the distance. The climate is fresh with a mix of cool Pacific mountain and ocean air that circulates throughout the house and grounds. The yearly daily average temperature at the house is 85 degrees and the evenings are normally a pleasant 70-72 making it perfect for sleeping! Given the remote location of the home, we are 100% off the gird and solely relying on solar energy as the sole provider of our power. Having said that, we have made every effort to assure that our guest will be as comfortable as possible making sure that you never feel as though you are roughing it! We rely on 9 large ceiling fans and the design and the location of the house to keep our guest cool. All rooms in this luxury home are fully screened (No Glass) allowing the sights and sounds of the rain forest to envelop your senses. This also allows sun light and cool breezes to fill the interior but at the same time keeping the unwanted guest out. Directly behind the house you will find a well-manicured trail that leads you to a small, private, waterfall and swimming hole only a 10min walk away.
The amenities of the lodge include two bedrooms with one attached full bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen, inside dining room, bar, living room with queen size futon and 800 ft2 of covered deck. The down stairs bedroom features a queen size bed, large armoire and a 180 degree view of the rain forest, the surrounding tropical landscape and river valley below. The second upstairs bedroom features a king size bed and private balcony overlooking the valley. The over sized kitchen is fully equipped with top of the line appliances including a side by side refrigerator/freezer, 6 burner gas stove with oven, reverse osmosis purified water and of course a blender! All of this is sure to sooth any culinary indulgence that a guest may have! Also, don’t worry about doing those dishes, you’re on vacation, our staff will take care of those as well! The living room opens directly onto the 600 ft2, covered back terrace complete with ceiling fans, double hammock, lounge & rocking chairs, Webber BBQ and a large dining room table. This is the perfect spot for your daily relaxation, enjoying breath taking views and meeting many of our local wildlife neighbors as well.
Activities and Adventure
Not only is Casa Rio Sierpe’s location poised for optimal wildlife observation it is also a perfect home base for a variety of activities from land to sea that are sure to keep even the most active vacationer busy. Most of these tours are given at no additional charge to our guest with their paid rental using our resident guide and river Captain. We have over 10 miles of hiking trails along with several kayaking trails that our resident onsite guide will personally guide you on, day or night, along the way pointing out hard to see wildlife that you would normally miss and introducing you to interesting flora and fauna. Almost on any given day expect to see resident Scarlet macaws, parrots, Toucans, Aracaris, noisy parakeets, hummingbirds, squirrels, Howler monkeys, white face Capuchin monkeys, frogs, butterflies and at night Kinkajous. And if you are very fortunate you may even see the endangered Spider monkey, Ant eaters, Tayras, Sloths, Jaguarundi cat, White-lipped peccary pigs and the White nosed coatis. If you would like to go on a night tour, no problem, if you want to go to a rain forest waterfall, no problem, how about getting you some wild cilantro from the forest for that fresh Ceviche you’re going to make, they can do that to. Would you like to explore the Sierpe River and her tributaries by Kayak? Kayaks are on site for our guests to use at any time. And lastly, how can a vacation along one of the world’s most beautiful river’s be truly memorable without being able to experience the natural beauty and wonders of that river without having access to a boat? Included in your rental fee we will provide you with unlimited use of a 20’ boat for use on the river and a captain to drive it, you’re only responsible for the gas that you use! Simply sit back, relax let the captain do the driving and embark on a one of countless river adventures from a lazy sunset float with cocktail in hand to bird watching and of course river fishing. How does fresh snapper sound for dinner? Also have I mentioned that we have one of the most amazing, private and secluded beaches in the area and only a 10 min boat ride away? So how about a barefoot adventure on a pristine secluded beach?
There are many other tours available in the area that are not included in the rental fee as they’re operated by independent tour companies. These operators will pick you up directly either from the house or from our private river dock for any of the following; Horseback riding through the rain forest, tour of Corcovado National Park, Cano Island is directly off the coast offering the best snorkeling and diving in all of Costa Rica, World Class Sport Fishing less than 10 miles out, whale watching and many more tours guaranteeing to indulge your every whim with any array of Pacific Coast or rain forest pastimes.
Casa Rio Sierpe Lodge Amenities
• Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
• Downstairs Bedroom : 1 Queen Size bed, armoire, ceiling fan.180 degree view of the forest, river and mountains.
• Downstairs Bathroom. : Toilet, Vanity and shower tower with rainfall shower head, jets and wand
• Master Bedroom: 1 king size bed, dresser, two ceiling fans and attached private balcony
• Master Bathroom- Toilet, Vanity with His/Her sinks and showers as well as waterfall/rainfall shower
• Additional Beds- Queen size futon in living room and queen size daybed in breakfast nook in dining room
Kitchen: Spacious, fully equipped offering all the comforts and amenities of home. We also feature a top-of-the-line; state the art, reverse osmosis, UV water filtration system.
• Pantry Items: Basic spices, oil, coffee, sugar, cleaning supplies, paper towels, toilet paper
• Refrigerator: Side by Side refrigerator freezer with ice maker
• Coffee Maker: French press
• Dishes & Utensils: dinner set for 6 people, Plates, silverware, knives, excellent quality pots and pans
• Dishwasher: Our onsite house keeper
• Stove: 6 burner propane stove, oven and warming rack
• Toaster: You can toast bread on the gas, BBQ grill
• BBQ grill: Webber gas grill
• Meals- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Other Amenities and included services
• Linens Provided: For every three days of stay fresh sheets and towels will be provided. Beach towels will also be provided
• Telephone: A local cell phone will be provided for booking tours and emergencies.
• Cloths Washer and Dryer
• Daily house keeping including doing the dishes by our on-site staff
• Onsite Resident guide that will personally escort you on any number of land and river adventures!
•20’ boat with Capt, unlimited river use (guest is responsible for fuel for all boat related tours)
• Full Concierge and vacation planning service with our English speaking manager who owns a travel agency specializing in Costa Rica not only for our portion of your vacation but for the entirety of your Costa Rican vacation!
• Internet: 3g WiFI internet provided
• Parking: There is secure parking in Sierpe at an additional charge of $5-$7 per day paid directly to the provider. Our guest relations manager will help to arrange this for you.
• Ocean kayaks
• Fishing equipment suitable for the river
• Round trip boat transportation from Sierpe
• Programmable safe
• Books: selection of Guide books and nature guides
• Games: selection of Board games
Vacation Rental Lodge Amenities
- Daily house keeping including doing the dishes
- Onsite Resident adventure guide
- Round trip boat transportation from Sierpe